Disabled Access and Mobility Lifts - Access Lift, Mobility Lift and Other Disabled Access Lift
Disabled Access and Mobility Lifts: Access Lift, Mobility Lift and Other Disabled Access Lift
Physical disability can occur due to many situations such as an accident, medical conditions or old age. Disabled Access lifts and Mobility Lifts cater to the needs of those who have limited physical mobility. These lifts help the patient access every corner be it an elevated platform or a hanging cupboard. These lifts can run with or without electricity.
Lifts for home, vehicles and businesses
A handicapped person faces a lot of difficulties at home especially when they are alone. For example – It is not easy for them to climb stairs or to reach cupboards in the kitchen. Lifts, designed for home, are modern versions of wheel chairs. Wheelchair stair lifts are specially designed to climb stairs. A mobility lift can be operated by the patient. Platform lifts are designed to access high cupboards. They come in a various models and ensure maximum safety. Through-Floor Lifts are designed to access multiple floors. Lifts for vehicles are a combined design of wheelchair lifts and platform lifts. Scooter lifts are designed for easy access of scooters and other vehicles.
Different types of lifts
There are variety of lifts available catering to the needs of the patients and environment. The most common types of lifts include wheelchair lifts, wheelchair ramps (which go straight up and down), stair lifts (especially designed to cross the stairs) and scooter lifts (for easier mobility), Bath lifts (for taking a bath) and pool lifts (designed so the patient can enjoy a pool).
Features of lifts
The most important feature of lifts is easy mobility. The lifts are flexible enough so the handicapped person can move quickly from one place to another. Also they have excellent security features to ensure the safety of the patients. Some lifts have sensors fitted in them to detect the obstacles on the path of the lift. As the lift approaches the obstacle, an automatic button stops the lift. These lifts differ in their use. Some lifts are for stairs, some are for platforms etc. They also differ in their size and price.
Information on purchasing a lift, what is involved
When one plans to purchase a lift, many factors are to be kept in mind. All the requirement should be taken into consideration like for what purpose is the lift needed. Is it for accessing raised platform or climbing stair case or accessing a vehicle? The feature of the lifts and the price must also be taken into consideration. It is important to get a general understanding of the available models, warranties, pros and cons, details of their manufacturers and information on dealers in the industry.
Disabled lifts play a crucial role at home and in businesses of those who face mobility issues. They work very well in public and commercial buildings too. It helps the patient perform everyday tasks with greater ease.
- Disabled access and Mobility access: Features various types of lifts, barred access, walking aid and other features necessary to provide accessibility.
- Absolute mobility: It provides safe bathing solutions and specializes in bath lifts.
- Wheelchair lifts: Tells about the various types of wheel chair lifts, their uses and other features.
- Platform lifts: Gives details about various lifts like domestic lifts, public access lifts etc. It also explains which disabled lift should be chosen.
- Access lifts: Specialists in access solutions and features lifts like stair lifts, floor lifts, home lifts, step lifts and platform lifts.
- Types of lifts: Describes various kinds of lifts like electric lifts, hydraulic lifts, manual lift, portable lifts etc.
- Disabled lifts installation: Works throughout the U.K and installs, maintains and repairs the lifts.
- Through-floor lifts: Gives description about various through-floor lifts like the wheelchair model, the seated model and the side-hung model.
- Electric wheel chairs: Explains the merits of an electrically powered wheel chair. It helps in greater mobility.
- Disability access lifts: Supplies the entire range of Vertical disability Access lifts like A7, Rise and Domus.
- Pollock lifts: It specializes in public access lifts like vertical platform lift, domestic lifts like through-floor lifts, trade lifts like 2m step lift.
- Stannah lifts: Specialized in Platform lifts, Wheelchair lifts, DDA lifts and Access lifts.
- Gm Coach Work: Offers variety of products and services designed for the disabled.