Get Curved Stair Lift - Find Curved Stairlifts For Sale
Stair lifts are an important for those who have difficulty climbing stairs without assistance. Some houses are more challenging to fit with a stairlift because they have curved stairs. To provide mobility assistance, many manufacturers have developed curved stairlifts. The following will cover curved stairlifts in more detail.
For people with limited mobility, getting up and down a flight of stairs can be very difficult and painful. Without assistance, it may be impossible for some people to get up and down the stairs. For this reason, stair lifts have enriched the lives of many people, making it possible for them to live their lives more independently and with greater freedom. Just like a straight stair lift, the purpose of a curved stair lift is to provide access to different levels in the house.
To operate a typical curved stairlift, the person sits on a chair attached to a railway that runs along the staircase. Some curved stairlift models include a seatbelt or harness to ensure that the person does not fall while moving in the stairlift. When the system is activated the chairlift moves up or down the stairs, providing an easy way for the person to get from one level to another without needing them to climb or descend their staircase. The lift is usually powered by a direct drive motor with rechargeable batteries; they may also draw power from the home electrical system.
The mechanism and technology of the curved stair lift is similar to the straight stair lift. A major difference is the railway. There is a much higher level of customization in the installation of a curved railway in comparison to a straight railway. Since the railways are made of metal, the size, length, degree of curve, and other dimensions have to be specific to meet the requirements. For this reason, it is highly recommended that consumers find a reputable supplier who has a great track record in the curved stair lift market.
Modern curved stairlifs are ultra-comfortable and very reliable. A standard model typically has a weight capacity of 300 to 400 lbs., but there are more powerful models to accomidate the needs of the consumer. With the latest technological development, the ride is very stable and safe. There would also be visual diagnostics to inform the user of the unit’s status and confirm that the curved stairlift is in working order. To create more space for other family members on the stairway, parts of the chair may be flipped up for more compact storage. Entry and exit from the chair is made safer and more convenient with the offset swivel mechanism. In most models, the user controls the lift via buttons on the hand rest or remote.
Compared to a straight stair lift, a curved stair lift may cost significantly more. The bulk of the cost goes to the installation of the railway. Depending on the complexity of the project, it can cost thousands of dollars to install a curved stair lift. The installation can take up some time, so it is important to plan accordingly. In terms of quality and power options, the curved stair lift is equal to the straight stair lift.
Follow these links to find the best places to get curved stairlifts.
- Bruno: One of the best manufacturers of curved stair lifts in the world.
- Silver Cross: A top supplier of used curved stair lifts in the United States.
- ThyssenKrupp Access: Top manufacturer of stair lifts including curved ones.
- UK Stairlifts: Supplies top name brands like Stannah, Acorn, and Companion in the UK.
- Associated Stairlifts: Check out their range of curved stair lifts.
- Acorn Stairlifts: A leading producer of stair lifts in the world, including curved stair lifts.
- Companion Stairlifts: UK manufacturer of high quality curved stair lifts.
- Ransome Mobility: Take a look at their series of curved stair lifts.
- Platinum Stairlifts: One of the leading providers of curved stairlifts in the UK.
- Bison Bede: Provides the Bison 80 for curved stairlift solutions.
- Stannah: A top producer of stair lifts in the world.
- Hawle TreppenLifte: This is one of the best manufacturers of stair lifts in Europe.